The Third Annual Greater Boston Theatre Expo will take place on September 29, 2015 from 5pm-8pm (public expo) at the Cyclorama at the BCA. Set up may begin as early as 9am depending on what events you are attending through the day.
Registration is $65 and available for Theater Related Organizations
The Greater Boston Theatre Expo 2015 will include 4 parts.
(Unless otherwise noted, these events are open only to theater organizations registered for the Greater Boston Theatre Expo 2015)
1) A discussion with BostonCreates (9/29 12pm-2pm) *UPDATED LOCATION*: DEANE HALL at the BCA
Join BostonCreates for a discussion surrounding the cultural plan for Boston! Ask questions from the BostonCreates team and give your feedback about what you feel would make the Boston Theater scene even better. REGISTER HERE (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're having trouble registering online)
2) A press panel (9/29 2:30pm-3:30pm) Location: Wimberly Theater at the BCA
Attend this event to gain insights into what the press is looking for when deciding who to do a story on or what show to review and how to present your company in the best way to garner their attention. This event will have separate registration. If you indicate your company is interested in attending, you will be contacted. Or you may register now here. *This event will not have the opportunity for personal pitches, but may include a Q&A session.
3) A press preview (9/29 prior to expo - 4:00pm-5:00pm) Location: Cyclorama at the BCA
This preview will allow members of the press to see what organizations in the Boston area have going on in the 2015-2016 season.
4) The public Expo (9/29 5pm-8pm) Location: Cyclorama at the BCA - Open to the General Public
The expo allows the public to connect with theater companies from all around Boston and New England in an intimate way. Giveaways, prizes, day-of-deals, are all strongly encouraged to present as your "give-away" requirement! This is the place to be to reach Expo attendees who care about theater.
Join us in the fun on Tuesday, September 29, 2015!
For more information on previous years please visit www.stagesource.org/gbte15
By registering you agree to
- send out two (2) Email blasts to your email lists. If possible, these should be dedicated emails. If you're unable to devote 2 dedicated emails to the GBTE, please plan on sending 4 emails with information concerning the GBTE within.
- And to add email@example.com to your email lists so that we may monitor that you've sent your emails.
- Provide some kind of giveaway to participants - chance at tickets, drawing at a later time, day-of-expo deals, packaged goodies, etc.
We've created some easy copy/paste templates for emails, social media, and a curtain speech you can use to help promote the GBTE / 2015! We've also created some images that can be used in a variety of ways (email, facebook header, etc.)
Please visit: www.stagesource.org/GBTE15Toolkit