- Sector Improvement
- About Us
|Annual Auditions - AEA Audition Information|
STAGESOURCE 2018 ANNUAL AUDITIONS
EQUITY AUDITIONS INFORMATION
**AEA Audition slots are currently full! Equity members may complete a registration to be placed on a wait list. We will notify you if any slots become available.**
Date & Times:
Monday, April 9, 2018 – 10:00AM-6:00PM
Producers will take a lunch break from 1:00PM to 2:00PM
ImprovBoston, 40 Prospect Street Cambridge, MA 02139
Directions: (Below or http://www.improvboston.com/directions )
*Please note that the Audition registration form will be offline from 2/17/18 until 2/21/18. If you would like to register for an AEA audition slot while the form is offline, please email your name, contact information, headshot/resume and AEA membership number to email@example.com with the subject: AEA Audition/LAST NAME
Before beginning your application, make sure you have the following things ready:
-Your AEA Membership number
· Upon completion of your audition registration form, you will receive an email with a link to SignUp Genius where you will be able to choose your own audition time. When registering, you may choose “AEA Non Singing” or “AEA Singing.” This selection will generate the appropriate SignUp Genius link. AEA Non Singing auditions will take place from 10am to 1pm. AEA Singing auditions will take place between 2pm and 6pm. **If you are a singer, but need an earlier time slot, or if you are not singing, but can only attend after 2pm you should email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request a different time slot.
· You must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled audition. Please be prompt! This extra time allows for check in, collating your picture/resumes, and keeping the auditions running on time. If you do not arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled audition time, you risk forfeiting your audition opportunity.
· If you intend to sing, an accompanist will be provided from 2PM-6PM on 4/9. When filling out your registration form, please choose “AEA Singing” as your audition type so that you receive the correct sign-up link. **If you would like to sing, but are unavailable between 2pm and 5pm you may email email@example.com to request an earlier time slot. In that case, you will need to bring your own accompanist or battery operated, cued MP3/CD player. StageSource will NOT provide a CD/MP3 Player for you. This year’s accompanist is Todd Gordon – he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
· You will be allowed a total of three minutes audition time if auditioning alone – six minutes if auditioning with a partner. Both you and your scene partner must sign up for the auditions during the same half hour time slot. Your time will begin no later than ten seconds after the stage manager introduces you and does not stop between your audition pieces. Please plan your audition pieces accordingly.
· Bring at least 40 headshot/resumes for distribution to the producers. Please attach headshots to the back of resumes by stapling or pasting, or print resume directly on the back of the headshots. NO paper clips please! Make sure headshot/resumes are trimmed to 8x10.
· If you want extra headshot/resumes returned to you, please supply a 9x12 SASE with postage in the amount of $5.50 or pick them up by May 4th in our office at 15 Channel Center Street Suite 103.
· If after signing up you are unable to attend your scheduled audition, please call StageSource at 617-350-7611 or email email@example.com as soon as possible to help us keep things running smoothly. It is critical to the smooth operation of the auditions that we know ahead of time that you are not able to attend.
· Please bring plenty of water & entertainment material and come dressed for your audition.
· StageManager is Maureen Lane
AUDITION TIPS, INFO, AND RULES:
· NO Weapons
· NO Liquids
· NO Open flame (including lighters, even if it’s “just for a second”)
· NO No glitter
· NO using messy substances that would need to be cleaned up after your audition
· There will be two chairs on stage – PLEASE return them to their prior location after you’re done auditioning for the next person in line.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS to ImprovBoston 40 Prospect Street Cambridge, MA 02139:
ImprovBoston is conveniently located just steps away from the . Take the Red Line to Central Square Station. Walk north on Prospect Street past the Starbucks and The Field (an Irish Pub). ImprovBoston is about 200 feet from the corner of Prospect Streeet and Massachusetts Ave. on the right.
Take the Storrow Drive exit 26 towards Cambridge. Continue on Storrow Drive to Mass Ave. Make a right on Mass Ave (the only way you can go) and drive across the bridge into Cambridge. Go past MIT and through Central Square to Prospect Street. Make a right on Propsect Street. ImprovBoston is about 200 feet from the intersection of Mass Ave. and Prospect on the right.
Take the Cambridge/Allston exit. Stay to the right as you exit and follow the road over the bridge into Cambridge. Continue straight on River Street through Central Square (crossing Mass Ave). River Street now becomes Prospect Street. ImprovBoston is about 200 feet from the intersection of Mass Ave and Prospect on the right.
Central Square has ample parking (metered spaces, public lots, a City garage), but can get congested, especially on weekends, so leave yourself 20-30 minutes to find a space.
There is metered parking ($0.25 / 15 minutes until 6 PM Monday - Saturday) on most of the streets surrounding ImprovBoston. Do NOT park in residential spaces (except on Sundays) or you will certainly be ticketed and possibly towed. There are three public lots (metered parking at $0.25 / half hour until 6 PM Monday - Saturday) accessible from Bishop Allen Drive. The lot near Douglass St. is the largest. The Green Street Garage offers very reasonable rates (open 24 hours, $1 / hour, daily maximum $13, $5 night rate).