- Sector Improvement
- About Us
|Annual Auditions - Non AEA Audition Information|
STAGESOURCE 2018 ANNUAL AUDITIONS
NON-EQUITY APPLICATION INFORMATION
Non-Equity Audition Registration is now closed, and the wait list is full. Thank you to all who registered!
The StageSource Annual Auditions for Non- Equity performers will take place on
Sunday, April 8, 2018 and Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
AEA performers, see the AEA Info Page
The Non-Equity Auditions will take on a new format in 2018. Non-Equity actors, please continue reading below.
ABOUT THE NEW SYSTEM:
In response to the feedback we received from our recent Member Survey, we're making a few changes. First and foremost, we are making every effort to ensure that anyone who wants to audition will have that opportunity, so this year’s Non-Equity auditions will take place in two tiers. We are also working closely with producers and casting agents to ensure that we present them with a diverse and well-qualified pool of candidates. To that end, the audition registration form includes a series of questions that represent the various considerations being weighed in determining into which audition tier an actor is initially placed.
While we are making every effort to ensure that ALL actors receive an audition slot, in the unlikely event that we receive more applicants than we have slots in BOTH tiers, we will place those actors on a waiting list. Again, we do not anticipate this happening.
· Tier One auditions will take place in early March (date/time TBA)
· A panel of seasoned professional actors, directors, and casting personnel will attend
· All Tier One auditions will be ONE MINUTE in length. Your audition may include a monologue, song, or both (ie. a short piece and 16 bars) but please adhere to the time limit.
· The panel will recommend that some actors move on to the Tier Two auditions in April
· Anyone who is not invited to advance to Tier Two will be offered the panel’s recommendation about how to more effectively prepare for next year’s auditions
· Those who audition in Tier One, but are not invited to Tier Two will receive higher priority placement for Tier Two the following year
· Open to actors who advanced from the Tier One auditions and to actors who initially met significant application criteria (ie. past credits at member theaters)
· Sunday, April 8th from 10-11am will be reserved for actors age 16 and under
· Sunday, April 8th from 11am-6pm will be for non-equity, non-singing auditions and will be ONE MINUTE in length
· Tuesday, April 10th from 10am-6pm will be for non-equity singing auditions. Actors may choose to present either A) a ONE MINUTE song or B) a 90 SECOND song AND monologue audition
NOTIFICATION OF APPOINTMENT TIME
On or around February 16th, you will receive notification of which audition Tier you have been assigned. That notification will also include a link to SignUp Genius where you will be able to choose your own audition time. When registering, you may choose “Non-Equity Non Singing” or “Non-Equity Singing.” This selection will generate the appropriate SignUp Genius link. **There will be ample time slots for everyone who receives the SignUp Genius link. However, since each actor will be choosing their own audition time, the slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
***You must be a current PAID StageSource member in good standing now and at the time of your audition with a headshot, resume and contact information filled out in your profile in order to participate in the non-equity auditions.
***If your profile is missing a headshot, resume or contact information or you are not currently or will not be a current paid StageSource member at the time of the auditions you will not be eligible to attend. It is highly recommended that you also add demographic information and professional information (actor/singer/dancer, etc.) to your profile so that producers can find more information about you prior to or after the auditions.
What if I am unable complete the online application?
If you have trouble completing the online application, please first contact us at 617-350-7611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do we get “only” one minute (or 90 seconds for a song and monologue)?
Actors often feel that they can’t showcase their talents in one minute and that it is difficult to find a piece to fit in the time frame. Remember the goal of these auditions is to get a callback. It is extremely rare for anyone to get a role from only the StageSource Audition. The StageSource Auditions are the equivalent of a “casting handshake.” Give the directors a taste of what you can do and leave them wanting more. One minute is more than enough time to accomplish this goal.
Does StageSource offer any assistance in preparing for the auditions?
Yes! Click here for more information about our Audition Prep Workshop which we’re hosting on February 5th.
CANCELLING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
If you must cancel your assigned slot, please contact StageSource at email@example.com no later than 1 week prior to your assignment so that we can fill the slot in a timely manner. Failure to cancel your assignment may prevent you from receiving a slot in future years.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org