- Sector Improvement
- About Us
2019 Stagesource Audtions
The Tier One Auditions will take place March 16th
Tier Two Auditions will take place April 7 - 9th
Non-Equity (Non-AEA) actors must be paid Individual, Individual PLUS or Student members of StageSource in order to register for an audition slot. If you are not currently a member, CLICK HERE TO JOIN STAGESOURCE.
While we are making every effort to ensure that ALL actors receive an audition slot, in the unlikely event that we receive more applicants than we have slots in BOTH tiers, we will place those actors on a waiting list. Again, we do not anticipate this happening.
· Tier One auditions will take place on March 16, 2019
· Will be adjudicated by panel of seasoned professional actors, directors, and casting personnel
· All Tier One auditions will be ONE MINUTE in length. Your audition may include a monologue, song, or both (ie. a short piece and 16 bars) but please adhere to the time limit.
· The panel will recommend that some actors move on to the Tier Two auditions in April
· Anyone who is not invited to advance to Tier Two will be offered the panel’s recommendation about how to more effectively prepare for next year’s auditions
· Those who audition in Tier One, but are not invited to Tier Two will receive higher priority placement for Tier Two the following year
TIER TWO - Attended by 30-40 producing theatre companies and casting directors
· Open to actors who advanced from the Tier One auditions and to actors who initially met significant application criteria (ie. past credits at member theaters)
· Sunday, April 7th from 10-11am will be reserved for actors age 16 and under
· Sunday, April 7th from 11am-6pm will be for non-equity, non-singing auditions and will be ONE MINUTE in length
· Tuesday, April 9th from 10am-6pm will be for non-equity singing auditions. Actors may choose to present either A) a ONE MINUTE song or B) a 90 SECOND song AND monologue audition
NOTIFICATION OF APPOINTMENT TIME
On or around February 18th, you will receive notification of which audition Tier you have been assigned. That notification will also include a link to SignUp Genius where you will be able to choose your own audition time. When registering, you may choose “Non-Equity Non Singing” or “Non-Equity Singing.” This selection will generate the appropriate SignUp Genius link. **There will be ample time slots for everyone who receives the SignUp Genius link. However, since each actor will be choosing their own audition time, the slots will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM (Registration begins on January 24, 2019)
***You must be a current PAID StageSource member in good standing now and at the time of your audition in order to participate in the non-equity auditions.
***If you will not be a current paid StageSource member at the time of the auditions you will not be eligible to attend.
What if I am unable complete the online application?
If you have trouble completing the online application, please first contact us at 617-350-7611 or email@example.com
Why do we get “only” one minute (or 90 seconds for a song and monologue)?
Actors often feel that they can’t showcase their talents in one minute and that it is difficult to find a piece to fit in the time frame. Remember the goal of these auditions is to get a callback. It is extremely rare for anyone to get a role from only the StageSource Audition. The StageSource Auditions are the equivalent of a “casting handshake.” Give the directors a taste of what you can do and leave them wanting more. One minute is more than enough time to accomplish this goal.
Does StageSource offer any assistance in preparing for the auditions?
General Info for Everyone
You must arrive at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled audition. Please be prompt! This extra time allows for check in, collating your picture/resumes, and keeping the auditions running on time. If you do not arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled audition time, you risk forfeiting your audition opportunity.
CANCELLING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
If you must cancel your assigned slot, please contact StageSource at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 week prior to your assignment so that we can fill the slot in a timely manner. Failure to cancel your assignment may prevent you from receiving a slot in future years.
Please bring two copies of your headshot/resume. We will keep them on file after your audition.
Non-Equity actors should plan to bring approximately 30 copies of your headshot/resume. AEA actors should plan to bring approximately 25 headshots/resumes. We will confirm a final number closer to the audition date.
If you want extra headshot/resumes returned to you, please supply a 9x12 SASE with postage in the amount of $5.50, bring $7 cash with you to your audition for us to provide you with an envelope and postage, or pick them up at the audition site on Tuesday, April 9th by 6:00pm.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
**Remember Non-Equity actors must be current PAID StageSource members (Individual Artist or Individual Plus) at the time of the auditions in order to audition. SIGN UP NOW for membership and you won't be left out.**